Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with printning to DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaa69

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
US
I need to print from a NT work station. To a Novell Printer. I can not get it to print directly from NT. I have in the past used a net use command with PERSISTENT that accomplished this for me. Can anyone help me with this please?

Type net use /? at the command prompt.

See if anything that pops up reminds you of the command you used...

You can also do net /? and that'll list all net commands.

Regards

I was aware of this. I still can not get this to work properly. I used net use \\Server\Printer LPT1: it says it completes it. Then I use a Net use persistent:YES and it says it works but does not seem to actually do it. net Admin is to busy to work this out. That is why I resort to this stuff.

No there is no difference. Nothing seems to take. It does say completed sucessful, but does not appear in anyway.

Thanks Again

When trying to print, do you use a copy command to copy a file to LPT1: ?

No we do not. The Application is an old Fox 2.6 for DOS application. It is not an in house application and it is required by law we run it. They are not planning on upgrading at any time soon. So we are in a tight situation and would like to get it resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back