Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with performing a calculation on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

qad122

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
US
On a mainform for a Sales Order, I calculate the Subtotal, Shipping Costs and Tax.

For the shipping costs, I have a code that states if there is no shipping, do not make shipping costs visible. However, it still charges for shipping.

Any ideas on how to write a statement saying to NOT calculate shipping into the Total.

Thanks,

Susan

Hiya qad,

May be an idea to specify EXACTLY how you are making the calualation and where.
In a query, in VBA etc?

Regards,

Darrylle "Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience."

Hey Darrylle,

I have the following on the footer of a form:

SubTotal = frmsalelineitemsubform.Form!SubTotal

Shipping Costs = [SubTotal]*0.1065

Tax = [SubTotal]*.065

Total Due = [SubTotal]+[Tax]+[Shipping Costs]
Everything works great, when I have shipping costs. However, I have a check box with a code, that makes any relation to shipping not visible if shipping is not utilized. However, I still am getting shipping charges.

Hope this helps, as I am a novice.

-Susan

Hi,

You need:
iif(checkbox,Shipping Costs = [SubTotal]*0.1065,0) or
iif(checkbox=true,Shipping Costs = [SubTotal]*0.1065,0)

or something like that, which says if checkbox is checked then calculate or else insert zero.

(No Access expert here).
Regards,

Darrylle "Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience."

Darrylle,

Thank you! It worked...and I am smiling!

-Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back