Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Partner ACS 6 and Mail VS 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentEaston

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2003
US
I need a bit of help with initial programming of a Partner ACS 6, and Mail VS 4.1.

I have 15 extensions right now and a receptionist. The receptionist sits at extension 10, and that phone is programmed to ring all 6 lines immidiately. The other extensions are set to "no-ring." I have setup the VS system to answer those lines after the 4th ring. That all works really good. But, when the receptionist is not at his desk, I want him to press something on his phone, like DND to have the auto attendant answer immideatly. I can only figure out two options to make this work. ONe, is to set his extension as the line coverage extension. However, that won't work, because then callers get his mailbox, rather than the auto attendant. Or, to set the VS system to answer on the 4th ring in Day mode, and 0 rings in night mode. Then, instruct him to press "Night Service" button when he leaves his desk. That would work OK, but the company wants to have a separate recording for day mode and night mode.

Is there any other way to be able to acomplish this setup?

Thank you in advance.

Use Call Forward (Feature 11 10 XX=1st VMS Port), have her forward her calls to the first VMS port. then take Call Forward off (Feature 11 10 10) when she returns, when a call come in to her set the caller will hear whatever the menue is set at (day or night).

That should do what you want.

A trusted source for years.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did try that already. And, that would work well, except that when the call forwards to the first voicemail port, the caller hears "Welcome to Partner Mail VS. Enter Extension and # Sign." So, the caller hears the voicemail logon prompt, rather than the auto attendant. Plus, the other thing that had crossed my mind, is that if someone were to transfer a call to Extension 10 (the receptionist's phone), the caller would hear the logon prompt (or auto attendant, if it worked that way) as well, rather than extension 10's voicemail box.

Are you sure? I just tested it on the bench and it works great. Goes right to the main greeting. Make sure you have a day greeting recorded and make sure you are forwarding it to the first VMS port and not to Intercom 777.

My mistake you can't forward it to 777, but I tried it agian and it worked great, it went right to my day greeting, tried in Night and it worked gret also.

Feature11 10 1stVMSport to forward
Feature11 10 10 to unforward

It works on mine

Thanks for checking that for me. I will try this when I am back at that phone system. I think my voicemail ports are 34, 35, 36, and 37. So, I will put forwarding from extension 10 to extension 34 and see if that works. Do you know then, if it does work to have that extension in forwarding mode, if someone were to call into the building and get the auto attendant immidiately (because extension 10 is in forward mode), and the caller were to the dial "10" to be transferred to that extension.... would the caller then get extension 10's mailbox, or would they get the auto attendant again (since that extension is forwarding them to the auto attendant again)?

Also, what other programming did you do to make that work? Currently, I do not have extension 10 as the line coverage extension. I have group 7 covering my lines, and I have it set that during the day, the system will answer on the 4th ring, and night.. 0 rings. Is this how your system was setup?

Again, I appreciate all the help.

For a outside caller if they press 10 or 0 or if you have them on selector codes(Which is how mine is setup) it will go to there mailbox, just tried that to.

Inside intercom calls will get the welcome to Partner voice mail enter ext and password. Guess we can't have everthing but it will take care of the outside calls the way you want.

I have it setup like yours but day is set to 5 for backup. Sations have Auto VMS coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back