Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help With Outgoing AA Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarnewbie

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
Hi,

I just got a new Nortel Star Talk Flash 2 port 90min unit on my Nortsar 3x8...And I have set up all the mailboxes and a simple outgoing message on AA.... but I want to have it as a dual language, with a "press 1 for customer service" and "press 2 for sales". How do I do this? Do I need CCR, and what and how does CCR work. Also what do I do if I want to set up internal Groups (sales, ext 22, 24, 25).

Help!!!

Thank You,
The really Dumb Newbie

You would have to get the CCR setup in order to achieve what you`re wanting. This is not the easiest task for a beginner, but I`ll try to get you started. In CCR, you`ll have to start by building a new tree, (assuming none have been built previously) 1 lets say. In there, paths would have to be created. The path 0, is the main path where you would record For Sales press 1 For Customer Service press 2, ... This greeting works in conjunction with your AA greetings, so as an example, your AA greeting would say, Thank You For Calling ABC, then your CCR would kick in and say For Sales press 1...

Next step would be to define your paths. Path 1 would be set as an internal transfer to a Sales ext, 2 to your customer service ext. To try to set up a group is a little more difficult. If you wanted it to ring 3 phones when someone presses 1, you could make it an internal transfer path to ext 22, and then put an Answer DN button of ext 22 on any other phone that you want to ring when someone presses 1. You could then make mailbox 22 to be your Sales mailbox, and forward no answer 22 to voice mail. If 22 has to have a personal mailbox, you could make it go to an unused phone (ie lunchroom) and put an answer DN of the lunchroom phone on the ext`s you want to ring, and forward no answer the lunchroom phone to go to voice mail and that will become the phone for Sales messages. Renaming the lunchroom phone to be Sales would help the users know what the calls are for. If you wanted, you could buy a couple of 7100`s and hook them up so they could become your primary sales and customer service phones if you don`t have any spares. It`s not an easy way to accomplish your group calling, but it`s the best way. A lot of variables can come into play, but with some trial and error, you should be able to get it to work. Another thing you could do, is forward no answer the original phone to go to a second phone after x number of rings. If the second phone doesn`t get answered it will go back to the original mailbox. It will only forward to one other phone though, even if you forward the second to a third. Also, anyone calling to talk to the person at 22 would get forwarded as well

After that you have to go into Tables and enable the tree you built.

Hope it makes sense and gives you some ideas. Good luck and let us know if you need more help. Lot`s of helpful people on this board.

Schlum

Hi Shulm,

Thank you very much for your help, and we have started to build a CCR tree! But as we record the CCR greeting, it ends up by asking us for a path or somthing called "disc" which i assume means disconnect... I can't figure out where the actual single digit dialed number turns into a "DN"; there is no prompt for it!

Thanks Again...
The Newbster

After you record your main/home greeting on path 0, it will come back to the prompt "path" and it will await your entry to define your paths that correspond to your main greeting. When you go in to make path 1, you will make that path a transfer path, then internal, then enter the DN you want it to transfer to. If you have accidentally made path 1 an information path, you will get some options after the recording, which gives the option of where you want the caller to go after they hear the info you`ve recorded, ie home, previous, disc. If that is the case, you will have to delete path 1 and remake path 1 a transfer path as described above. One other thing I forgot to mention before is that after you finished, make sure you hit end and then save the tree as tree 1, then you can go into Tables to enable that tree.

Schlum

first you must set a home menu.Feature 983

LOG: 120000 (2 digit ext's) or 1020000 (3 digit ext's) or 10020000 (4 digit ext's)

Press OK

Press OTHR

Press CCR

Press ADMIN

CCR Tree:

Enter 1

Press OK

BUILD NEW TREE?

Press YES

PATH:

Enter 0 (zero)

Display: Home/Menu

Press REC (Note: This is where you record your options. For example:

For Tom Smith, please press 1

For Bill Thomas, please press 2

For Sally Helms. Press 3

(You can have up to 8 options per branch.)

After programming each branch press END, then press SAVE

When it asks to “SAVE AS TREE 1” press YES

than you must set up dialing options.Feature 983

Log: 120000 (2 digit ext's) or 1020000 (3 digit ext's) or 10020000 (4 digit ext's)

Press: OTHR

Press: CCR

Press ADMIN

CCR Tree:

Enter 1

Press OK

Press CHG
PATH:

Enter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 etc.

Press 1

Press OTHR

Press XFER

PRESS INT

Ext: <Enter the extension number for option ‘1’> For example, if you recorded Tom Smith as option 1, program Tom Smith’s extension number here.

than enable ccr tree.

Feature 983

LOG: 120000 (2 digit ext's) or 1020000 (3 digit ext's) or 10020000 (4 digit ext's)

Press OK

Press AA

Press TABLE

Table:

Enter 1

Press OK

Press Next until you see <CCR Tree:>

Press CHG

Enter 1

Display should read “Tree Enabled”

Press OK

Press the RELEASE Key

I left out a part in dialing options here it is again.

Feature 983

Log: 120000 (2 digit ext's) or 1020000 (3 digit ext's) or 10020000 (4 digit ext's)

Press: OTHR

Press: CCR

Press ADMIN

CCR Tree:

Enter 1

Press OK

Press CHG
PATH:

Enter 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 etc.

Press 1

Press OTHR

Press XFER

PRESS INT

Ext: <Enter the extension number for option ‘1’> For example, if you recorded Tom Smith as option 1, program Tom Smith’s extension number here.

Repeat these steps for options 2 thru 8. Note: you can have as many as 8 options on the main branch. You can have as few as 1.

NEVER EXIT PROGRAMMING WITHOUT SAVING YOUR CHANGES!!!

To Do so, Press END, SAVE (Save as tree 1?) YES

Press the RELEASE KEY

remember to change the ccr tree you must disable at first. to disable a ccr tree.

Feature 983

Press AA

Press TABLE

Table:

Enter 1

Press OK

Press Next until you see <CCR Tree:>

Press CHG

Press DISABLE-

Display should read “Tree Disabled”

Press the RELEASE Key

norstarnewbie, did you get your &quot;dual language&quot; issue figured out?
DueE

Way to go PHONETOOL!!!
I am glad you found a good use for OUR Technical Support documents at optiontelecom.com!!!

Dave McCall
Norstarpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back