Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with old computers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathead

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2002
I just finished installing 60 new computers...My question is regarding the old compters. Several employees ahev inquired about purchasing them. The administrator has asked me to put a fair price on them.

50=pentium 2 or celeron 300-400 Mhz 256 Ram & win98

10=p4 1.6-2.66, 256 ram, xp

I know this is probably not the best place for this question,but I didn't know where else to ask.

Any suggestions on fair prices?

Thanks in advance...

I would say £50 for the celeron+P2's and £100 for the P4's.

But if your company wants to be nice they could put everyone name who wants a PC in a hat and draw names for who has first choice on the old PC's and give it to them for free.

The money the company will make is not a lot from selling the PC's and it will keep the workers a lot more happy to give them something for free.

It's what I do at my company.

In a previous company, we did a silent auction:

Place the computers on display along with a config description for that unit. People would then, over the course of a week, be able to write down a starting bid price if there wasn't already a bid, or top the last bid price listed.

At the end of the week, the auctionwas over and the last bid had the opportunity to buy the machine or pass to next highest bidder (some would bid on multiple machines in order to increase their chances of getting one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back