Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with NULLs in calulated field

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrelkt

Programmer
Jul 5, 2005
US
I am fairly new to Actuate. I am working on a report that has 12 fields (ETC1-ETC12) I want to add them together, then subtract ETC. Only problem is that there are NULLS in say ETC7-ETC12 because no time is recorded yet. How do i write either a SQL code or Function to handle the NULL values. Also how can i make it so there is a variable called [Var]and it is the SUM of those ETC1-ETC12 fields. Thanks so much.

sorry, I did not and I was at the hospital becoming a new dad. Have you resolved this? As I will not be working for a few weeks.

Oh, congrats~ That's great i am sure you are very happy, have a great time.
I didn't get it solved but i will keep trying! Thanks for all you have done though, i really appreciate it!
again, congrats!!

thanks, hate to leave you out in the cold a bit. I'm at work for a bit this week so I'll see if I can come up with anything.

Did you try the making the variable in the select statement and printing that? First try it against the raw tables with your 3rd party software, then plug it in the Select statement if it works.

gdwood(new Daddy)
Hope all is well with you and your family...
well, i gave up with the report for a while cause i couldnt get it. but, i need to get back at it, i have been reading information about aggegates on the actuate forum, but i still cant get it. so i keep trying. I have two reports that i have this issue with. Thanks for any ideas.
K

thanks all is well.

can you tell me what you got when you had this in the ValueExp:

[ETC1] + [ETC2] + [ETC3] + [ETC4] + [ETC5] + [ETC6] + [ETC7] + [ETC8] + [ETC9] + [ETC10] + [ETC11] + [ETC12] - [ETC]

if there were nulls in the data you got a blank line?

make sure that you have taken everything out of the OnRow too.

Yes. I Just get blank fields in the ETC-ETC12 rows...

I was able to figure it out!! :) thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back