Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with NT to 2000 Migration PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacyk

MIS
Jan 14, 2003
US
Is there anyway to migrate users and groups from an old NT Domain to a new 2000 server domain??
I would rather not have input every user again.
Thanks for any input that you have!!

subinacl.exe is great to use also. The .NET beta version works much faster than the previous versions I've seen floating around, so do a quick google search for it if the others give any problem (if so, the problem will be obvious). Nice thing is the ability to rollback, etc.

Thanks for the fast response! One more question..
Does any know if I will have problems using this across different subnets? I have the old DC on a 10.10 network and the new one on a 10.0 network. The 10.0 is our backbone and it is faster.

Thanks again!

A migration from NT 4.0 to WIndows 2000 domain will not work using the suggested tools (ADMT) if the tagret Windows 2000 AD domain is in MIXED mode. You can only use ADMT, NETDOM, ClonePrincipal with the NATIVE mode target domains. Keep it in mind.

actually I rephrase that.. shouldn't care about subnets as long as they can communicate with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back