Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Notes and reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvaleri

Technical User
Dec 10, 2004
US
I am trying to write a crystal report the includes information on customers. I have no problem with the general info, but I also need to include in the report the last two dates that notes where made to that account. I know the info is in sysnotes_sql but how or what do I link that to the arcusfil and how do I pull out just the dates for the last two notes.

Macola 7.5, Crystal 8.5

If you already have a main report with the ARCUSFIL_SQL information, add a subreport to the SYSNOTES_SQL table. The subreport link will be ARCUSFIL_SQL.Cus_No to SYSNOTES_SQL.Name_Value. In your subreport, make sure you also add criteria to just show AR-CUSTOMER notes e.g. SYSNOTES_SQL.Note_Name = "AR-CUSTOMER".

Only showing the last two dates is a little tricky - it would be easier if you were wanting to show the last two entries, and maybe that's what you're trying to achieve. The last two dates could comprise of 50 notes as you can obviously have more than 1 note entered against a customer per day. Depending on what you want to do, simply get your notes sorting in the correct order, then add a running total or record count field and add selection criteria to only show the top or bottom two results.

Peter Shirley

Well I cannot seem to link the Cus_No field to the Name_Value field. Do I actually have to create the link?

lvaleri,

You most likely have to use a subreport to do this. What other tables are in your report?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back