Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Norstar MICS "Hybrid" System /w CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemyphoenix

Technical User
Mar 7, 2008
US
I use the term Hybrid but I'm not sure if it's correct.

We have just installed a Norstar MICS with a PRI Trunk with 100 DIDS and 2 LS/DS Pots lines for backup. Running 7.1 Software. It also has a 6 port fiber expansion card with two digital station modules and one analog station module. All of our phones are T7316E.

Going to make a long story short and say that I was not happy with the way alot of things were configured and had to do some patch work to make the system operate how we wanted to while I sorted out a proper configuration.

The first thing I did was change the target lines. The tech who initially set things up did it in a funky way that was a nightmare to admin and would cause problems in the future. We have two main lines that were ported from POTS to the PRI. I put our two main lines on 157 and 158. I then started putting our new DIDs in sequentially after that.

4441234 = 157
4444321 = 158
5551001 = 159
5551002 = 160
5551003 = 161, etc.

The 4 Port LS/DS uses ports 31-34.

The two things I'm working on this second and need help with;

1) I need to assign a DID to each phone station in use. When someone external calls that number, right now, the only way it will foward to that persons mailbox is if they hit DND. Otherwise, it fowards to the companies general mailbox. I need to make these DID numbers to go the persons mailbox if they don't answer.

2) 157, 158, 258, and the two pots lines are our main numbers. All of these numbers plus any unused DIDs should should go to our auto-attendant on the callpilot. Which is setup to transfer to a hunt group of attendants if someone stays on the line or dials 0. I can't figure out what I'm suppose to do to get those two pots lines to go to the auto attendant.

Any help with this would be great. I'm getting a better understanding of the system but I'm still no phone tech. I'm a systems admin and satellite tech so I've dealt with my fair share of complicated setups but some of this nortel stuff just doesn't make sense to me.

Under CallPilot Manager -> Auto Attendant -> Lines Administration i have it set to answer every line. I'm going through as I'm assigning DIDs and removing lines that AA shouldn't be answering. Still can't get those POTS lines to ring pick up though. Any other suggestions?

Make sure AA is not answering lines 001 through 024, your PRI lines.

MarvO said it

How many rings are you setting the lines for under the CP programming? If a call is directed to vm via a ringing set's call forward settings at a lower number of rings, it'll go to that person's mailbox, or general delivery if it doesn't have a box of it's own.

Make sure you set the Call Pilot to answer before that number.

Marv01: Ok, but what's the significance of this. Are there any other lines that shouldn't be set to AA?

Line 001-024 are your PRI channels. You won't want those programmed to be answered by AA, as all inbound calls present to the system as target lines. Program those (lines 156 and up)to be answered by AA as desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back