Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Networking problem Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

petsie

Technical User
Jun 13, 2004
US
I have a large network with 15+ workstations running off a Windows 2000 server. Server is DHCP server and the system is connected to a LINKSYS router for Internet access.

All the workstations bar one work perfectly. I have one running Windows XP professional which does everything it is supposed to on the network except access the internet. I can ping the other machines on the network, even use remote desktop connection to another computer on the network. However I cannot ping the router, which I can do from every other computer on the network.

I have tried everything to correct the issue with no success. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks.

Check the basics, IP addresses, DNS config on the workstation, the Lynxsys config and log files to see if it (Lynxsys) is letting it out.

Run ipconfig -all (command line)and check the IP info, XP is a pain with the Linksys units running DHCP. You will find that the easy solution is to assign the XP box a static IP etc. DHCP doesnt hand off the correct settings.
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back