Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Navisphere "Agent Not Running"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2002
US
Our network admin who managed our EMC device left and I have very sketchy notes to go on for how to manage this thing that I took as he walked out the door. I am a DBA by trade and don't know squat about SANs and LUNs, so I am looking for help.

We have a CX300 in an all Windows environment and I am trying to use Navisphere 6 to deallocate space from one server and give it to another. I have done this once before by going to the Hosts tab, navigating to the storage group, right-clicking and picking Properties. Then I went to the LUNs tab and move it from Selected LUNs to Available LUNs with the arrow and clicked OK. Before it worked fine.

When I follow the above now, I get:

Results from call to remove LUN(S) from storage group:SP B: Agent not running, SP A: Agent not running.

When I go to the Storage tab, I see SP A and SP B and both say (unmanaged) next to them.

I understand that the agent is not running. Where is this agent, what is is called, and how do I start it?

There is a whole chain of events that cannot happen until I can get this space moved and the documentation is absolutely no help.

Hi,

it looks like the gouverner service is daed in the windows XP embedded in the SP.

Pls call EMC Support for a dial in

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE
EMC Networker LCNS

Open a browser and do the following;

Enter the username and password for Navisphere login

Go midway down the page and restart the Navisphere services.

Go to emc.com - open a "powerlink" account (your emc rep can help) - download documentation for this - they have an extensive amount of PDF docs (some came in hardcopy with the CX - local CE can provide)

This site also gives you access to whitepapers/best practices etc-

I use it alot and manage around 5 Petabytes (Lots of CX/DMX)
Also open web browser >> type SPA's {IP address}/setup
validate /recycle mgmt server etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back