Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with my first ASP.NET (VB.NET) application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndevriendt

Programmer
Jan 8, 2002
BE
Hello,

I have installed VS.NET and IIS.
I create a VB.NET webapplication.
I put some controls like button, calendar om my form and then I run my project (with the F5 key) and I don't see my button and calendar on my form.

When I put the following code in HTML:
<% ResponseWrite(&quot; <center> Hello World </center>&quot;) %>,

I also don't see the words &quot;Hello world&quot; on my form when I run the project.

Do I have to install something else ?

PS: When I run the project I receive the following error: Error while trying to run the project. Unable to start debugging on the web server. The server does not support debugging of ASP.NET or ATL Server Applications.

Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this projects ?

I click yes and I have the above mentioned results.
Is this the reason ?

Thanks for your time and answer

Nico Devriendt

My HTML code:

<%@ Page Language=&quot;vb&quot; AutoEventWireup=&quot;false&quot; Codebehind=&quot;WebForm1.aspx.vb&quot; Inherits=&quot;Sample3.WebForm1&quot;%>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&quot;>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm1</title>
<meta name=&quot;GENERATOR&quot; content=&quot;Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0&quot;>
<meta name=&quot;CODE_LANGUAGE&quot; content=&quot;Visual Basic 7.0&quot;>
<meta name=&quot;vs_defaultClientScript&quot; content=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<meta name=&quot;vs_targetSchema&quot; content=&quot; </HEAD>
<body MS_POSITIONING=&quot;GridLayout&quot;>
<% ResponseWrite(&quot;Hello World&quot;) %>
<form id=&quot;Form1&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; runat=&quot;server&quot;>
&nbsp;
<asp:Button id=&quot;Button1&quot; style=&quot;Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 27px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 23px&quot; runat=&quot;server&quot; Height=&quot;39px&quot; Width=&quot;207px&quot; Text=&quot;Click on me&quot;></asp:Button>
</form>
</body>
</HTML>

hi
u have to set IIS properties i mean create a virtual directory and add the folder soo that when u write localhost/project in internet explorer ur web controls will be shown ok.........

bye
Amna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back