Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Media Player currentMarker required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon Ways

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
Hi. I have a video of someone giving a presentation which i need to add onto our Intranet. I have built a web page containing a custom windows media player on the right and an image of a slide on the left. When the video reaches the next marker, the image on the left should change.

I am doing this by using

document.getElementById("slide").src = "slide" + player.controls.currentMarker + ".jpg";

This is in a function that is called every second by using setInterval.

Actually this is working perfectly for me and everyone in my office. However, in our overseas offices the image does not change when the markers are reached. They are using the same version of Windows Media Player and the same version of Internet Explorer.

My question is - is there something that could prevent the slide from changing? Are there other requirements for the use of video markers or the JScript controls.currentMarker?

Does it fail on all machines in that office, or just some? Do they have any 3rd-party add-ons installed (e.g. Google toolbar, etc)? Do they have any different firewall, internet security, etc software installed that may be interfering?

Just some ideas...

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

It fails on all machines. They do not have any third party add-ons installed. They will go through a different firewall, but theoretically it should be set up the same as ours. Not sure that is an issue though as the file is only internal. Also, everything else works. The video plays nicely, the custom buttons work. The only thing that is failing is the slide changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back