Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help With Logon Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chusan

MIS
Nov 13, 2001
US
I'm creating a logon script using Active Directory Users and Computers under Group Policy and I was wondering if there is a way to pause the script for a specified amount of time.

Also, I'm new to logon scripts and I was wondering what scripting language I should we using (vbscipt, jscript?).

Thanks

DOS/CMD scripting. You can use the Windows Scripting Host if you want to do something more elaborate.

KIX is worth a look as well. google for it.

For a delay there are fancy ways, but a lot of people just ping the loopback address with redirection to nul"

ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 >nul

(Adjust the "n" value to set the time of the delay. Each value is worth approx. 1 second.

Thanks for the help.

We are currently using KIX as well but I'm trying get away from KIX (old school when compared to AD/Group Policies).

I'll give that loopback method a try.

If you use VB Script you can use the sleep.

I use VBS for all my scripting.

WScript.Sleep 10000

Thanks for the help. I'll have to brush up on my VBS. Do you know any good VBScript web sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back