Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with LCR and star key

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipig

Technical User
Nov 8, 2007
CA
Hi,

I'm trying to make the star key work with LCR and IVS2000, and for some reason it's not working.
I did a lot of LCR with other digits with the same setup and it is working fine.
Is there anything special about the star key with LCR?

Here is part of my programming that is not working:

200>A:A129-
8A4007>A:0012-
857>A:03-

Basically, user that dial the star key followed by any 2 consecutive digits will go out on an isdn trunk.

I get a busy tone as soon as I enter the * followed by two digits.

In the 8A4007 LCR table, the first digit dialed is repeated and sent to telco. In your case * + 2 digits is going to telco and teco does not know what to do with the *. What are you looking to do and what is telco looking to see?

It's not a telco, it's another PBX (Asterisk), and I choose what to do with the * key.
I know my programming is ok on the Asterisk side, because I have others digits working with the same kind of setup.
I want the users from the NEC side to dial codes to access the voicemail in my Asterisk server.

I don't think you are sending the * to the Asterisk box.
I believe that LCR Group 3 (8A4007) does not pass the LCR access code.

Really? Why is it working for other digits then?

This is working:

200>35:A129-
8A4007>35:0012-
857>35:04-

Users can dial extensions with 4 digits beginning by 35xx.

LCR Table 8A4007 + 200:A-A129 =
Area Code (Maximum 8 digits) including LCR Access Code assigned by CM20>A129, so yes it includes the access code. I am not sure if * is excluded. I'm searching for definitive answer.

8A9000 Digit Addition Pattern No. 00 Digit Addition Pattern No. 255 0 Entry of digit code to be added
X, X...X Digits to be added (Maximum 32 digits)
Allowable entries = 0-9, A (*), B (#), C (Fixed Pause), D (Programmable Pause)
Explanation; you can add * back in to the digits dialed using the 8A5XXX table referencing the 8A9XXX table.
EX: 8A4007>A:0012-
8A0012:1-01210 (table 012 + trunk group 10)
8A5012:100-9000 (use digit add table 9000)
8A9000:0:* (add digit * to the number dialed)
Try adding * back in.

My fault, I was thinking backwards.
8A4007 is the LCR Group that DOES pass the LCR code.

I don't want to add the * key to the digits dialed, I just want the NEC to send any digits from 0 to 9 after the * key.

For example: *98 , *76 , *34

I thought all I had to do is program it as any other LCR digits.

Here's an another working example with digit 8 :

200>8:A129-
8A4007>8:0012-
857>8:01-

As soon as users dial 8 it goes to the Asterisk box. No digits added.

Then you need to delete the *. The LCR program you are using repeats all digits dialed. If you dial *03, then *03 goes out.
8A5xxx>151>0 = delete area code digits
8A5xxx>153>01 = delete 1 digit from area code

With this in place, when you dial *03, 03 goes out. The * is dropped.

That is my problem, it does not go out for some reason, I want the 3 digits to go out as the programming below:

200>A:A129-
8A4007>A:0012-
857>A:03-

8A5012>151:1- (no deletion of area code)
8A5012>153:NONE- (no digit to delete)

I dial *98 and I get a busy signal the NEC does not seems to dial out.

Have you tried adding the * back in per my previous posted suggestion?

Check Cmd 21 but it really is a long shot. I would try adding the * back i as per Belvedere's suggestion just to see if the problem is that the * is being stripped.

Another thought that has occurred to me is could it be that the ISDN link doesn't like the *? try routing it to a cot connection and see if you can hear three digits being sent to line. This will tell you if the LCR is passing it through and give you a better idea of what the problem might be.

There is nothing set in command 21 for star key and adding back the digit with command 8A5012 did not work either...

I am still looking for a solution. I have to keep the star key because it has been used for years in Asterisk.
I'd like to keep the same codes in both system.

try stripping the star and substituting another digit at the NEC end then strip that digit and replace it with a * as it comes into the Astreisk. I would still advise trying routing this out of a Cot port so you can hear if it is actually sending the 3 digits. What ISDN protocol are you using, have you tried another like ETSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back