Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Layering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kijori

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
SG
I've created a button, when clicked will unhide a movie clip. The movie clip is above the button in terms of layering. How do you make items below the movie clip to not respond to mouse events when the cursor moves over them with the movie clip in between?

Not sure I understand? if need be do the rollover action via AS - that way only what is scripted will be executed

[conehead]

Code:
buttonName.enabled = false;

On the first frame of your loaded movieClip.

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

I want to emulate the Mac OS. I've created a menu (a movie clip) with some options. When one of them is clicked, a "window" (which is a movie clip) will open. This window has an alpha value of 85%.

When this movie clip is above the menu, and when the mouse is over the menu with the window in between, the options from the menu can still be selected. I don't want this to happen.

I know I can use the buttonName.enabled thingy, but is there a more efficient way of disabling the whole menu at once instead of disabling the buttons one by one?

Why don't you hide the whole menu? Kind of like the OSX Dock? Then you won't have to worry about disabling anything.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back