Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with launching a SQL Server 7 Job inside of a java applet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundyld

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US
Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to Call/Start a Stored SQL Server 7 Job, (Sequence of Stored Procedures that have to execute in a specific order.), from a Java Applet? If anyone can point me in the right direction or give any advice I would be very thankful.

Thank you,
Lance Bundy
MIS
The Commerce Group

Look into JDBC (Sun site). You can connect to a database using a URL, and then execute procs ...

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to call each procedure, I want to call a job that has the procedures and steps for each on. Is there any way to call a Job? I already know how to call procedures not the problem here. thanks again for helping all you can.

Lance Bundy
MIS
The Commerce Group

Ok, figured it out, I wasn't aware that you could use a Stored Procedure to Call a Job that holds Stored procedures, So.

Create Stored Procedure that starts a Job that executes stored porcedures.

Then you only have to make one call to a SP in the applet and that SP will lanch the Job that holds the other SP's.

Thanks for the help sedj.

Lance Bundy
MIS
The Commerce Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back