Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with IPO connecting to freepbx to use sip trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartroat

Technical User
Apr 7, 2011
GB
Hi all i need help with a ipo 500v2 with v8.1.43 software. the system (has licencing in place) (192.168.1.230) needs to make a sip trunk to a freepbx (192.168.1.217 configured by someone else) on the local lan for sip calls. i have the sip line made and i believe that is good.( freepbx has no user/password and only allows the ip of the ipo in) i made a SC of code - 7N; feature Dial Tel number N; line group id 51:Sip .. also have made an ARS 7N; 7N;@192.168.1.217 dial 17 . the customer wants to keep using there bri lines while trying sip before committing to sip full time. the 7 code is meant so they can choose to dial via sip not isdn. i get silence while dialling a number and it never rings the endpoint of call. i have to use the freepbx as the main office (in another country) tried sip direct on the ipo and found it not so good and there support firm moved the sip to the freepbx and now all is good. I guess this is run of the mill stuff for most of you, but i did my ipo training about 10 years ago and have mainly just setup extensions and changed names etc since, and there was no sip training that i remember in that course. i dont have any system monitor logs as no-one knows the security password as its not the default and sysmon wont connect. will have to get a serial to usb lead so i can reset the passwords when im next there. System status can ping the freepbx ip address successfully. Help much appreciated thanks Stuart
screen shots of the config

Your system shortcode is stripping the 7 from the number and then the ARS table is expecting the 7. Your system shortcode should be

7N
dial
7N
51 SIP

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks for that. That made the system try to make a call on the sip channels. I have been reading the help files about these configs i need to make but i find that often just muddles me and makes things worse.
PS
turns out the freepbx gateway was not configured so my end worked apart from the missing N in the short code. Thanks for the help.

Stuartroat,

There is a FAQ (faq940-7248)that covers this subject. It works.

Quaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back