Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with incoming Routing please 3300 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabbab

MIS
Mar 7, 2005
sw-7.1 3300 ICP cx controller.
handsets: 5235's basic voicemail licence.

all i am trying to achieve is :

DDI call comes in on a PRI Trunk.During the day calls
Ring all phones(approx 10) on multicall keys.-no voicemail
or anything else needed here. so far easy!

During night service i need phones to ring in the same manner or similar for approx 5 rings , then go to voicemail.

how hard can this be?
well it wont work for me, i tried RAD's, Re-Routes, you name it.

i would appreciate your comments.

thanks

Hi,

I would use two multicall numbers :
1st multicall numbers for day service (programmed on 10 sets)
2nd for night service (programmed on 5 sets)

If you reroute (1st alternative) to a name tag hunt group (which is always reroute to VM or RAD) you'll get the hunt group VM (and not the DDI called number.

If you really need VM and record messages, you just have to have visual notification (but I don't how how it works, never use it) on a specific set (just to make the light blink)...

Let me know

French do it too !!

Or maybe use a Hunt Group to terminate the original DID to. Make up a Multicall DN to place on the sets and make that Multicall a member of the Hunt Group. Then create two COS, the first with a VERY LONG "Call Forward - No Answer" time and the second with a time of about 18 - 20 seconds (5 rings). Assign the first COS for Day and assign the second COS for Night 1&2 using the Hunt Group Assignment form. Then use the Call Rerouting forms to direct the calls to the Hunt Group DN to where you want. The thought is that if you make the "Call Forward - No Answer Timer" to the MAX (not sure what that is) then most calls should either be answered by your users or the caller hangs up. The call will still go to the 1st Alt in Call Rerouting, but only after a long time.

Another option would be to create an Analog extension, real or virtual, that appears as a Multicall on the other IP sets and set the COS using the User Configuration Form.

My Biggest problem is that I almost always believe what I tell myself.

Thank you both very much, i will be trying your suggestions out in the near future.
ill let you know how i get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back