Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with incoming calls on IP Office 500 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

foneman1

Technical User
Apr 26, 2008
US
Hello all, a customer wants Analog pots lines to ring on all the phones and then go to voice mail if no one answer. I setup all lines to ring to hunt group 200 and added all phones into the hunt group. This works fine but my problem is i do not know how to access mailbox 200 to check messages, and they want x201 to light up when someone leaves a message in mailbox 200, and x201 wants to know if the light is for mailbox 200 or her mailbox 201, not sure if one phone can have two mailboxes. Thank you all in advance.

Hi there, You can have 2 mailboxes on 1 phone. You must create a shortcode for the mailbox in your "Main" Huntgroup.
Example
Tel: *600
Type: Voicemail collect
Code: 200?

So this will quiry your mailbox in 200 if you pickup the phone and dial *600. I always program a general delivery button on the phones with this code on dial. I also turn on visual voice as you can see both mailboxes in there One will be labeled Main and on V201.

In order for the person to have a visual light indication you must go under the user tab -- then source number -- Add new -- H200 <--this will add light indication V200 <-- this will allow your extention to check that mailbox

Hope this helps!

I will try this tomorrow. Thank you so much.

shortcode is wrong:
sc = *600
tn = ?200 instead of 200?
action = Voicemail Collect
line id = 0

#typingerror can happen

intrigrant is correct... I was going by memory. Thanks for the correction

the short code telephone number should really be:

"?Main"

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Indeed the name should be used but the number does work too.
Although i prefer the name because then it is very clear that it is for a group.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back