Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Graphic for Hyper-Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

savery2151

Technical User
Aug 20, 2006
US
I am having trouble getting the proper graphic to show up from the Dreamweaver "_derived" folder for my hyper-link; my site is here and you'll see what I mean.

For some reason, the other graphics for the links were there when I went to use them several months ago, but I'm not sure how I got them there or how Dreamweaver got them there.

Anyone know how to make them work?? Thx!!

its the path issue:
_derived/BRR%202005%20Pics.htm_cmp_Radial000_vbtn.gif

make sure that image is there.
You can use DW or any ftp program to check your files.
You really should not use 'double extention' in your file names and folder structure.
eg.
bad: my.photo.jpg
good: my_photo.jpg or myphoto.jpg

Since DW is a great WYSIWYG editor is really easy to 'fall into the trap' of just slapping images in design view. To avoid issues like these and headackes I would suggest to go over DW tutorials on 'Site Setup' and also work with 'split view' and keep an eye on your code as it gets generated. You will live longer :)

All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Thanks for the note! My problem was actually that the image didn't exist. I downloaded a .gif creator software and got it going! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back