Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Formatting Form Output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2001
CA
Hello,
I am having problems with form output. I am creating forms with two product fields. One a checkbox with a product number and the second a textbox with a quantity
when the e-mail is sent, i am given two lines for each product. Is there anyway to get both the fields on a single line?
thanx
David

You can get it formatted the way you wish using a script written in such languages as perl and running it in the cgi-bin. There is no way to format rows or columns with html

Good Luck

Another possibility is to purchase a commercial form-handler package, for example (for Windows / Intel sites) check out SEND IT! by Websunlimited:

We use it on our site; there have been some minor problems but in general it gives much greater control of formatting confirmation e-mails, and enables the use of multiple / blind copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back