Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with EIGRP Basics, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferj54

Technical User
Feb 5, 2014
US
I am a beginner in Cisco routing. My first question is, what is the advantage in criss - crossing routers when, for example you are using EIGRP? (example, serial cable R0 of one router to R1 to another router, so on and so forth).

Next, what online sites, e-books and/or white papers explain EIGRP in a simplistic way. I notice that with this subject, whether in explanations of IGRP of EIGRP, that many times I am left scratching my head.

Thanks,

joe.

Very basically with this example:
Router 1, 2 interfaces:
router eigrp 101
network 192.168.4.0
network 192.168.10.0

Router2, 2 interfaces:
router eigrp 101
network 192.168.4.0
network 192.168.11.0

If both routers have the "eigrp group 101" then they share the info with each other. Router 1&2 are both connected to the 192.168.4.0 network. Router 1 also has the 192.168.10.0 network and router2 has the 192.168.11 network. using the configuration above, router1 will share this info with router2 and vice versa to build their routing tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back