Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with EDC error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2009
US
on two of the last 3 nights, when settling the batch on EDC 6.7 we have received an error that a transaction has an invalid value in Field 19. The batch refuses to settle.

I have resorted to calling the processor and finding out which was the transaction that would not settle and then deleting that transaction. The batch then settles. I reentered the transaction as a force in the back of the house and the new batch then settles.

Can anyone tell me what is field 19 in the edc trans file and/or how to prevent this problem from happening?

Your processor is most likely Vital? This is an old error in older versions that may have come back. Could be the date field. Sometimes the exp. date does not get seen properly. May be crazy but try cleaning your mag readers. That may be the solution

No, processor is Elavon using VisaNet. will try looking at Magstripe Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back