Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with cycle property

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyout

Technical User
Jun 5, 2003
US
I have frmDCNumbers. When users hit the enter or tab key from the last field ([notes]) I would like the cursor to go to the first field [Qty1_Cost]) on the form.

I tried to set the Cycle property, but it does not appear to be working. Suggestions?

You may try to play with the SetFocus method in the Exit event procedure of [notes]

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Set the cycle property to Current Record and ensure that Tab Index proptery for Qty1_Cost is 0 (the first tab)

PaulF

PHV, Could you elaborate more specifically on what I should do.

PaulF. I tried your suggestions, but it did not work. Any more suggestions?

Strangely, I thought current record worked in a past database I did. Not sure why it is not working now.

from the Access Help File

You can use the Cycle property to specify what happens when you press the TAB key and the focus is in the last control on a bound form.

Note The Cycle property only controls the TAB key behavior on the form where the property is set. If a subform control is in the tab order, once the subform control receives the focus, the Cycle property setting for the subform determines what happens when you press the TAB key.

PaulF

Paul,

There are no subforms, just controls. Any suggestions?

Also, what code would I use to keep it on that record when the <Enter> key is used?

actually the Enter Key works the same as the Tab with the Cycle property set to Current Record... That data was just what appeared in the Help File.... I'm not sure what is going on.... you might try creating a new form, test the Current Record property on that one... and if it works correctly, then I'd copy and paste the controls from your current form into a new form to see if the form is corrupted.

PaulF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back