Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Custom Call Routing Design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

salonge

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hi all. We use a Flash 2.0 system and we are setting up CCR for the first time in that site. They are a bilingual site and need everything in Spanish as well as English. Since our system does not support the bilingual option, I wanted to be able to do it via the CCR function. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I have to set this up by tomorrow.

You need to do a re-install to get back into Bilingual mode.
Who ever did the startup the first time said NO to bilingual when asked.
Get all the numbers off the Feature card and google to see what languages.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

program you primary greeting in english and you alternate greeting in spanish. onthe primary greeting, instruct the caller to press 9 to hear these instructions in spanish. this will switch them to the alternate greeting

What if all our calls come through one line? We don't have separate lines for different languages.

all calls can go to the primary greeting .you tell the caller in spanish to dial 9 to switch to the alt greeting

Ok, thank you. Once they go to the alternate greeting by pressing 9, then what happens, does it go directly to the CCR? I have a drawing of a CCR tree, do you have an email address I can send it to you to look at to see if I am on the right track?

once you press9 for the alt greeting it will play all the alt greetings in the menu greetings. for every primary greeting you record in the menus you must record the alt greeting in spanish

you can turn Bilingual on or off anytime through hidden menu 5. you do not have to reinstall.
on a bran new unit you have the option to choose what primary lang you want. eng or span or frn etc.
you never get that option again no matter how many times you reinstall. not all units are eng & span.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I do have one more question for stsguy. I will create a greeting for day and night in the primary language and the alternate language. I am using CCR with my auto attendant. This may seem like a dumb question, but do I need to create another CCR tree for the alternate language or does the system recognize the fact that the alternate language option was pushed in the beginning, so it just picks up on alternate language option. For instance, if I have my callers push 9 for Spanish set up at the Company Greeting AA menu. then on the CCR, I record a English as pri and Spanish as Alt, does the system automatically go to the Spanish home menu?

Thank you. So I only need to create 1 CCR tree with both the pri and alternative langquages recorded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back