Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP WITH CHROME OF GOLD EFFECT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wepigirl

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
AU
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to easily create a genuine polished chrome or gold metal effect for corel 9?

Can i just use a chrome effect found on the Net and apply it??

Thanks

I don't find a coreldraw tutorial for making such an effect, but i suggest you use photoshop (or photopaint) to do this, therefor there are plenty of free tutorials on the net. Also, in coreldraw it's possible, but you will not get a very real chrome/gold effect, that's another reason to use photoshop/photopaint.

You can do a google search for: chrome tutorial photoshop (or photopaint)
Or you can go to select tutorials on the left and in the 2D section you can search for gold or chrome. You will get photoshop tutorials, but photopaint has about the same functions, these tutorails can give you an idea of how to do it in photopaint.

You create a texture in Corel texture, and you realy work at the pixel depths and layers until you get the right green - yellow - red mix for a gold, and the layered algorithnic filters for the feel of the metal, you then use the texture lights to add lustre. This is really labor intensive, maddening stuff, but you end up with a gold you'd swear was cast out of metal, and a brass, and a silver, if you wish.

You then save them as bit maps and use them as a bitmap fill in Photopaint, stretched across a rectangle (don't use original size).

This gives you a rectangle with a beautiful metallic effect.

You then open a linear radial fill and edit it so the lightest of the gold is in the centre of the edit bar and gradually transitioning through many shades to the darkest at each end(or whatever disposition of highlights and shadows you need).

Next save it as a preset. Save yr texture file and all the other files you've made, 'cos something will always clobber a graphics effect that takes the most work to achieve ..."Well, you shoulda told me you had files the textures directory you made yourself..." Y'know?

There's a site called under construction... the lawyers' brass plates and all the book binds on the opening page took me hundreds of hours, but I now have all that stuff on a CD. Have a look see if its what you need (they look even better at 24 bit).

How did you go with the gold effect?
Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?

try this
:- V
Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?

sorry ... that was a mispost! Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?

[glasses] Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back