Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP WITH BARCODING IN ACCESS - WHO HAS SOME EXPERIANCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JARE

Technical User
Jul 27, 2000
US
Need to to set up a barcoding system for access. Features<br>would include shipping/recieving/inventory. does anyone<br>have some sample db's? sample code? I have some code<br>to print barcodes if anyone is interested but need some<br>serious help with tracking.

I have much experience in doing this.&nbsp;&nbsp;What specifically do you need to know ?<br><br>Hardware - just a keyboard wedge where the barcode reader emulates keyboard entry and&nbsp;&nbsp;populates a field on screen.<br><br>I have an example db I could send.&nbsp;&nbsp;What is your e-mail address ?<br><br>Also,&nbsp;&nbsp;DougP boasts a great deal of experience in tis field.<br><br>WP <p>Bill Paton<br><a href=mailto:william.paton@ubsw.com>william.paton@ubsw.com</a><br><a href=

My Email is <A HREF="mailto:JARE@lucent.com">JARE@lucent.com</A><br>Specifically what I am working to do is incorporate<br>a system in our current database. Recieving will scan<br>in packages with &quot;Purchase Order #&quot; as the package ID<br>if the purchase order is related to stock items it<br>will update the inventory based on the quantity.<br>purchase order # related to orders will be flagged<br>as recieved. shipping dept. will be able to see what<br>has been recieved today and fill orders. when package<br>is scanned out by shipping, the inventory will be updated <br>accordingly.

I am also interested in doing the same basic thing.. Please let me know how you make out, and how simple/expensive it is<br>thanks<br>nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back