Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with adding a trunk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

netman42

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hello group, I am new to this particular forum but am trying to add a trunk group to a 8720 switch. I have more experience on IP office as this question relates to the 8720 having a direct ip route to an IP Office. When I add the trunk group, I am stumped by the TAC or trunk access code entry. How does that code get created or where would I find those entries and know which one to select. I apologize in that I don't have a lot of experience in the dialplan area of the 8720.
Thanks in advance.

Check your dial plan (analysis table), all TACs (used and available with Call Type of "dac") should be defined in there.

I could not seem to use any of the DAC codes for that. What am I missing?

Create one yourself ("change dialplan analysis").
For example, you need a list of 3-digit trunk access codes starting with 88X (880, 881, etc.), put "88" in "Dialed String" column, "3" in "Total Length" column, and "dac" in "Call Type" column:

Dialed Total Call
String Length Type
88 3 dac

You should be able enter "880" (881, 882, etc.) in "TAC" field of the "TRUNK GROUP" form (page 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back