Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Accounts/Groups - Web Access mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcsbarry

Vendor
Sep 9, 2003
US
I have a remote S8800 Server in another city running CM 5.2. I was following an Avaya document to add a new login to have the same permissions as dadmin. But, I believe that I made a mistake by selecting Web Access Mask and choosing “Change Access Base Mask” and changed it from 10000 to 10020. I now cannot use dadmin or the new login account to log into communication Manager or web to the server.

I can, however telnet to the Server and access the shell. I can log in that way as dadmin. But if I try to “SAT”, I get the error message “Access Denied: User ID/Profile unknown to Communication Manager.

If I type the Linux Command “tail /etc/group”, I get:

prof0:x:10020:init
prof1:x:10021:inads
prof2:x:10022:dadmin
prof3:x:10023:craft
prof15:x:10035:
prof17:x:10037:acpsnmp
prof18:x:10038:dadmin,cust
prof19:x:10039:
tsc:x:1003:
prof20:x:10040:eek:akbr

Which seems to confirm that I accidentally changed the Access Base Mask.

Since I cannot web to the server to change it back, I’m hoping that there is an equivalent Linux command to do the same thing??

Yes, it can be fixed from linux, but not with dadmin. You can contact me if you need help.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back