Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with a video adaptor from PC to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyonisisbaccus

Technical User
Mar 25, 2012
US
I am looking for any advice connecting my TV to my PC with the quickest/easiest connectors. Visual quality is not overly imperative as it will not be required for high definition viewing. Thanks for any help!

img1_po7ws4.jpg

img2_t559xv.jpg

You can go HDMI to VGA and then an audio adapter or you can go (DVI to HDMI - best choice). If you go HDMI, it may support audio but it may not support audio. So if you want sound, you may still need a 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch audio adapter/cable (stereo to stereo most likely will be best).

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Your computer has 2 DVI ports.

You can get a DVI to VGA adapter and cable. or a DVI to VGa cable directly. Though your Tv appears to already have something connected to its VGA port (blue connector).

In which case a DVI to HDMI adapter would be the choice if you cannot disconnect the blue VGA cable.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
OS-ception: Running Linux on a Virtual Machine in Windows which itself is running in a Virtual Machine on Mac OSx.

Web & Tech

Or go with DVI to RCA/Phono (aka "Component" sockets), which your TV set does have, whereas HDMI ports are not apparent in your image.

Plus a 3.5 stereo jack cable for audio assuming you want sound to an external amplifier or your TV set.

Personally I have a separate audio system and a multi-way 'switcher' rather than use the TV set speakers.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

, whereas HDMI ports are not apparent in your image.

They're not?

I can see them just fine at the far right of the image. HDMI 1 Input and HDMI 2 Input. Though admittedly the HDMI 2 text is a little blurry.

I suppose they could just RGBa component cables or even composite since the Tv has those ports too. But HDMI may be an easier option.

Phil AKA Vacunita
OS-ception: Running Linux on a Virtual Machine in Windows which itself is running in a Virtual Machine on Mac OSx.

Web & Tech

I can see them just fine at the far right of the image. HDMI 1 Input and HDMI 2 Input. Though admittedly the HDMI 2 text is a little blurry.

Yep, noted now I 'zoom' in 5x :)

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back