Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with a User Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackMasterson

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2004
US
I am having trouble with one of my users in a Windows 2000 Server AD with Exchange 5.5. I have created the user and the associated mailbox has been created. However, when I try to open outlook on the user machine, outlook finds the mailbox but says the user does not have "Rights" to open the mailbox.

If i Look in AD Users on the Exchange Server and look under the Exchange Advanced tab, and try to click on security I get th error, "Unable to read Security Information from the Directory - MS Active Directory - Exchange Extension - ID No: C\O33028"

It won't let me get into to the Mailbox rights for him...Any thoughts?

What happens if you run exchange admin on the exchange server? Can you access the mailbox then? If so you should be able to view the rights and correct them. Our domain administrator account does not have the required rights. We have a specific account for the exchange service and you will need to log in with the service account admin login on the exchange server for the best results. We had a few odd things show up after configuring the active directory connector on our main Domain Controller. In the end, we had to use the ADSI edit tool to edit the user's schema. We looked at some unaffected accounts with the edit tool to see what a correct global schema looked like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back