Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with a ?router? or ?modem? problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedger

MIS
Sep 21, 2001
GB
I'm beginning to lose it!

I developed a blog site during last summer on Typad to record my interest in walking the paths of southern England. Things went well - it even looked ok.

Trouble struck in November - suddenly I couldn't access the admin pages to update - most of the time anyway. Every now and again I got through - but not very often.

I use Zen Broadband via a Linksys router and a D-Link ADSL modem.

The intriguing thing was - I could work the site ok using a dial up connection (god - I'd forgotten how slow they are)

I checked with Typepad (they had no problems), my ISP were very helpful - said they could see no problems and advised me to flush the DNS (which I did) and contact Lynksys and D-Link. These guys were very unhelpful. Suggested I turned off all the firewalls etc - I'd done this to no avail.

OK I thought - I need a new site - it's probably Typepad getting clunky. So I started developing anew site over the last few weeks. No problems - it's comming on well ( but, the same problem has started to occur.

Can anyone help? I know the world doesn't really need a new blog - but I need to regain my sanity.

Look for spyware with a program that guards against spyware.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Hi - thanks for the interest....

No I don't have any problems with any other sites. Strangely I seem to be having no problems with my new site now - but the typepad site is only accessible by me infrequently.

I think the problem is the adsl modem. If I switch it off and reboot it - thi sseems to temporarily fix the problem. Needless to say I can't find the set up disks for the modem...

I'd really like to know what's been going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back