Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!Which is better ?? VC++ component or VB Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuchi

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
GB
Hi All,
I need to design a 3-tier application which will use components I have two options :-develop components in VB or VC I have some idea that VC component is better but am not very clear Kindly give me some idea that which approach should i follow and why? Also let me know where exactly i can look about this on net
Please help me on this

Hoping for a quick response
Regards, Shuchi

hi shuchi,
VC component is better because it is very lightweight component. second thing vb component is single threaded component. If u have options then u should better go for VC components.

Hi Ashish,
Thanx alot for responding . Well, now that u have told vb is a single threaded component, could u please give me some document or refernce on net or the name of book, where i can find out more details. Actually i need this as a support document to this fact.
I searched alot and everywhere it was written that vb can also be used as middle tier but nowhere it mentioned abt this disadvantage of vb.
Do take time out to answer this as well.

With best regards,
Shuchi

H Ashish,

I am also in the same situation as shuchi is...

Pls repond.

thanks
nath

Hi guys,
First of all vb supports appartment threading which is similar to multithreading in a more efficeint way.VB is definately advantageous because it removes from the heads of programmer of taking care about the complete workinn of Component Object Model(COM) Making the developer to concentrate more on the business logic.
It makes most of the things behind the scenes.
Ofcourse there are PRos and Cons.

U can find this book helpful.
Programming Distributed applications with COM and microsoft VB 6.0 (Microsoft Press).

Let me know what have u guys decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back