Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Where is input on this thing?--Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielk81

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2015
US
OK, so we have 2 Merlin systems, and the one I've used WinSPM to handle and never had too many problems with it, it's got a PRI going in and relatively straight-forward.

So, I figure this other system should be no problem. First thing I notice is it looks waaaaaay older than the other Merlin I've worked on. I think once I get into the WinSPM software and start digging around I should be able to figure it out, but there is a pretty big thing I need to figure out first...

Where in the world is the input on this thing? If there isn't a PRI going in here, which card was our old Analog T1 going into? I looked at the cards and saw:

*R3 Processor
*408 GS/LS-MLX
*408 GS/LS
*007 MLM
*008 MLX

I thought the 400 was it, because it literally says "4 Outside Lines" underneath it. After tracing the wires through the rat's nest in that server room, that only goes to a paging speaker, and some MOH box.

So, anyone with experience with these older models, can you tell me where the phone provider is plugging into?

Thanks a ton!

That looks like a Merlin Legend. It is carded for 12 POTS lines, 16 MLX digital telephones, 8 ATL telephones and a voicemail. None of those cards will support a T1 circuit.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

If you have a T1 on this switch? It has to be going through a channel bank.

Ah, ok thank you everyone for the help. I believe maybe I misread the documentation for the site, and the analog service might have just been a POTS line, or lines. So, if POTS lines are coming in, in order for the system to access those, which card would they be plugging in.

However, I did see an AdTran 120e unit up there too, so that could have also possibly been the channel bank WikiTech mentioned. Well, either way, if it's just POTS lines coming in, or the channel bank bringing in service I believe now that leaves me to believe that those 408GS/LS-MLX cards that had the 4 lines at the top were probably the inputs. That's helpful(but please let me know if I'm off on this assumption), so thank you again everyone.

I'm just so used to the nice Avaya IP Office systems, that when I have to go back and work on these old-school systems, it's tricky. Thank you![thumbsup]

The 4xx cards support POTS lines. For example: 408 means 4 lines 8 extensions. 400 means 4 lines 0 extensions and so forth. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back