Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help w/Auto Attendant Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylaneRG

Technical User
Apr 30, 2012
US
I'm trying to help a friend find the correct sequence of buttons to select to get to the Auto Attendant, and especially the General Message, of a BCM50 system with CallPilot. Or possibly a location on-line with the documentation to do this and update the rest of the messages as well. On other systems I've worked on this had to be on a specific workstation and overlays were available as well, but none are currently available.

Changes are taking effect tomorrow with the first of the month. The only documentation available on-site is the current configuration left by the installer. User ID and p/w is available.

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions!

T7316e

Button_________Button
Button_________Button
Button_________Button
Button_________Button

Button_________Button
Button_________Button
Button_________Button
[highlight]HEADING________SHOW[/highlight]
[highlight]BACK___________NEXT[/highlight]
Button_________Button
Button_________Button
Button_________Button

Older M7310 or M7324

Top 2 rows
[highlight]HEADING________SHOW[/highlight]
[highlight]BACK___________NEXT[/highlight]

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Ok wrong answer oops!

Auto Attendant is setup and so many ways.
Easy mode is:
AA/GRGT/GRGT/#1 for day and 2 or 4 for Night.

General message is same thing.

You need to give more details but seriously they need to get a vendor in and train them because of its CCR then your out of luck on a forum unless your stuck on an issue.
i.e no training in a forum.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks for the responses, and sorry for being vague in the description. The administrator at this location has done this before, having used a telephone. However, apparently when two other offices were consolidated into this office in December, and the vendor installed and configured the new extensions, the overlays and documentation were taken with, apparently by accident. Also, this is a state office where it is necessary to contact the appropriate office at the state level who, in turn, contacts the vendor or their IT department has to make a trip out to do, as you say, push the buttons for the person recording the message. Many times this type of request is deemed unnecessary and nothing happens, whereas, as we all know, a person already trained how to do this can do it in a few seconds. Just was looking for the directions to manually walk through the process, record the new changed greeting (time changes) and be done.

Also, did get an IP address from a phone for the server at 192.168.1.2, but will need to change the IP on the computer to the same subnet since the building's network is on a 10.x.x.x subnet, if it has the software to do such. Just thought using the phone set would be much easier.

Thanks!

Well per my other post you have direction to get to simple mode.

The browser by far is the easiest method.

Sounds like BCM is not on the network.
Patch cable required.
BCM IP needs to be changed to match , not the PC....unless your trying to connect a laptop direct with cross over then the BCM OEM port IP address is 10.10.11.1

To change BCM IP address use F9*8
10.x.x.y

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Off the top of my head, the BCM is not on the network since it is not picking up a IP on the building subnet. Thus one would need to take a laptop and crossover cable to connect to it directly and access the documentation as well as control the unit. Guess I'll let them go ahead and submit a ticket, just thought it might be simpler to enter the admin mode on a phone and get to that feature, but understand it varies with version and would need to access the BCM to get to the documentation and version.

Thanks for the ideas and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back