Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help!!! Voice Mail Pro not resonding 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
R5.0.15

After reboot in which WIndows Updates were applied, voicemail pro is not responding.

I've already booted the IPO and restarted the VM services.

Voicemail services are running and I can access the voicemail pro client.

I see traffic between the IPO and Server but I don't know if it is Voicemail traffic. Anyone know the port number for voicemail?

When users dial *17 they just get a busy signal.

run the fw.bat file and it will put all ports in as an exception that you need for the programs you have installed.
you find it under tools in the knowledgebase

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Windows Firewall is turned off.

Symantec Firewall might be the issue. I tried to disable the firewall and let all trafiic fomr the IPO through but still no go.

System status shows that everytime VM pro use is attempted the congestion count goes up even though all 4 ports are unused.

Just uninstall the updates that caused the issue, you can always put them back if it doesn't help, it's usually best to turn updates off though, for this very reason :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Just had this same issue on Saturday. If the Windows firewall (on a server) has ever been turned on ICS (internet connection sharing) also starts as a service. If you are not using Windows firewall, go into services, stop ICS and disable it. Reboot the server and you should be good to go.

Mark

Avaya SMEC - ACSS

good tip guslack
let me give you your first star

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Thanks Westi, I'm new to the forum but have 12 years in on the IPO. Seen a lot of good and bad.

Avaya SMEC - ACSS

I pulled out an unused XP machine and put VMM on that so it's back up and running.

I will have to give the ICS thing and rollback a try tonight.

Don't really want to boot this server during daytime as it is not just a VMPro server.

Stars all around ;-)

thanks VoIPP

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back