Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Vector Script - route to an 800 # not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGremlins

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
CA
PBX is a Definity G3si release 8.2

I have a need to configure a vector to route calls based on TOD to another centre's 800#. When I test the line, all I get is a fast busy.

I need this working by Monday, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I checked the "display events" and the only error on the screen is Error type 50, route to step failed.

Local numbers work fine, only if I put a long distance number in.

Is there anyone that can assist me in changing the sytem to allow the vector to send the call to a toll free line.

You may want to check the COR under 'Change VDN XXXX'. If the VDN has a restricted COR then the vector wont play nice.

If you are using ISDN-PRI for both the incoming and outgoing calls and the incoming call is also a toll-free number you may be blocked in the network. One workaround is to modify the Network Specific Facility (NSF) indicator for the outbound call.

Do the following:

Change 'isdn-pri network-specific-facility'
On a blank line create an entry called 'strip3' <ENTER>
On the Route Pattern used for the outbound portion of the call change the 'Services/Feature' field to 'strip3' for the ISDN-PRI trunk group used.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back