Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Using Flash to POST HTML Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron2k2

Technical User
Jun 9, 2006
US
If anyone could please help me with the following that would be greatly appriciated!

I am trying to add a button to my website where users can just type in their phone number in the little flash box and it will ring their phone and they will be directly connected to myself. All I need is an input field and a submit button however i cannot figure this out. I have read several tuts. but i cannot seem to figure out how to do this on my own. It will need to POST their phone number to " I have probably spent 2 or 3 hours on Flash tonight with no luck at all! I have tried the "getURL" and the "loadVariablesNum" actions but still no luck I have NO idea what i am doing! An example of what I am looking for can be found here all you do is type in your phone number, click the button and you will be connected to myself however you cannot embed ASP into a basic HTML page so flash would definately be the optimal solution.

If anyone is willing to help me please let me know!

--

Thank You For Your Time!
Cameron.Arnold@Gmail.Com

Code:
buttonName.onRelease = function(){
	mySendVars = new LoadVars();
	mySendVars.varVonageWants = inputFieldInstanceName.text;
	mySendVars.send("targetURL.asp","POST");
}

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back