Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Unique key violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmoors

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
I am trying to append from one table using the APPEND FROM command. My destination table has an account number set to a primary key and I want to keep it that way. During appending, it stops I guess when it sees a duplicate value. My error code is 1884- account number key is violated. How do I make Fxpro automatically skip any records that are duplicates from my FROM table?

The simple answer is don't use the APPEND command. Instead just read the input source, check the information before you try to add it to your main file, and if all is well insert it.

I have found that trying to write an error handler that can deal with "batch" commands like APPEND are difficult and usually not worth the time to handle all the potential problems.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back