Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help understanding the results given by the List trace ewt command

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithMGOA

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
CA
Hi
I need help understanding the results given by the List trace ewt command

I use ewt in avector to move calls to another skill if the wait time is greater than 20 minutes . From doing a list trace vdn the calls are being redirected at right step. But I have received emails from the group that is receiving these calls before there is a wait time is 20 minutes.

I ran the ran list trace ewt command it has given some data but I do not know how interrupt all the result. Here is sample of the results.

LIST TRACE EWT

time data WT OCW ASA AgtWk AgtAv PriQ
12:06:44 ENTERING TRACE 456 149 175 12 0 1
12:06:51 CALL queued 684 156 175 12 0 2
12:07:50 CALL abandoned 684 215 175 12 0 2
12:07:51 CALL queued 684 216 175 12 0 2
12:07:54 AGENT leaves AUX 631 219 175 13 1 2
12:07:55 CALL queued 841 220 175 13 0 3
12:07:59 CALL queued 1052 224 175 13 0 4
12:08:11 CALL queued 1262 236 175 13 0 5
12:08:26 CALL abandoned 1262 251 175 13 0 5
12:08:33 CALL serviced 1040 42 175 13 0 4
12:09:25 CALL queued 1040 94 197 13 0 4
12:10:05 AGENT leaves AUX 965 134 197 14 1 4

Does this command just track one call or all calls coming into the skill?

I believe EWT column is the current calculated wait time; OCW is the oldest call waiting, asa is the speed at which the call is answered.

I am not sure what the other fields, data, AgtWk, AgtAv PriQ, provide
if someone could explain these result to me, any assistance would be appreciated?

Sincerely
Keith

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3a700a6e-bbe4-4f9d-8c7c-1abfdebbddf9&file=screen__shot_of_list_trace_ewt.png
Remember ewt is based on the previous measurements so that why this value will never be 100% This is why I never trust those that say your ewt is less than or more than 20 minutes

The redirection is based on "estimated wait time" not "wait time". You might have 1 call in queue for 30 seconds and everyone goes into AUX. "oldest call waiting = 30 seconds" while EWT = infinity since no one is AUTO-IN. I don't recall there being a CMS report that shows actual real time EWT but I could be wrong.... so how are these people determining EWT is < 20 minutes when the calls are redirecting?

-CL

Hi
As far as I know they are taking the waiting time from the top of the CMS real time split skill status report.

Here is the information I have been able to piece together on the list trace ewt command .

Traces all calls for that particular skill, and allows you in real time to see the estimated wait time and call handling for a skill.

The command is List Tracee ewt (priority low high top medium) split number X

Description of results:
Data Column:
Answered: call queued: call is queued into the skill
Call abandoned: call is abandoned from the queue
Call serviced: call is answered by the agent.
Agent leaves AUX: AUX is one of the non-working state of the agent (usually short break, lunch etc.)

EWT: Estimated wait time
OCW: oldest call waiting
ASA: average speed of answer
Agtwk: Agent working means number of agents actually on a call
AgtAv: Agents available is number of agents available for the call

Refereeing to the screen shot PriQ is the priority of the call in the queue, I am going to walk through the call priority 2
• call came in at 12.06.51 and was queued to the skill in PriQ position 2
• PriQ position 2 then abandoned
• New call came into the skill and is now PriQ 2 and is queued to the skill
• Agent takes call and goes into Aux
• And at 12.08 is the is the first call that an agent talked to

You can track EWT in real time in CMS Supervisor by running the report Real Time Split/Skill/Graphical EWT report

How EWT is calculated
A number of factors can affect the accuracy of wait time predictions. Wait time predictions are
best suited for medium-volume or high-volume call scenarios. The potential accuracy of a wait
time predictor increases as the rate of removal from queue increases.
Under all conditions, EWT is the most accurate wait time predictor, but EWT is most accurate
when the rate of removal from queue at a given split priority level is at least one call every 30
seconds.
Predictions can be made for a split with multiple priority levels as long as the majority of calls
are delivered to lower priority levels. If the majority of calls are queued at the higher-priority
levels, any predictions made for the lower-priority levels may not be accurate.
The following circumstances can limit the accuracy of the wait time predictions.
System restart or new split administration: The EWT algorithm uses a combination of
historical and real-time information to make predictions. When no historical information exists,
such as when a new split is added or a reset system 3 or 4 is completed, there is the potential
for inaccuracies.

To prevent inaccurate predictions when there is no historical information, administer the
Expected Call Handling Time field on the Hunt Group screen. The value in this field is then
used in place of the missing historical data. Depending on how the EWT condition is used in a vector step, the predicted wait time

calculation is derived by the following rules:
● If the call is currently queued to a split, the EWT is based on the actual current position of
the call in the queue at a particular priority level and the rate of service of calls from the
queue at that priority level.

● If the call is not yet queued to a split, the EWT is based on the assumption that the call is
placed at the end of the queue and then considers the factors listed above.
EWT also adjusts for many other factors such as multiple split queuing, call handling times, and
the impact of direct agent calls on the wait time of other calls to the split. The algorithm adjusts
EWT immediately for changes in staffing, such as agents logging in or taking breaks in AUX
work mode.

EWT does not include the time in a call vector before the call enters a queue. It also does not
include the time that the call rings at a telephone after it is removed from the queue.
Factors that increase EWT for a split priority level
The most common causes for an increase in EWT for a split priority level are:
● The number of calls that are in queue increases
● Agents log out
● Agents go on break or are otherwise in the AUX work mode
● Agents are moved to another split
● Agents with multiple splits answer an increasing number of calls in other splits
Other conditions that may also cause EWT for a split priority level to increase include:
● The average talk time increases
● The number of calls at a higher priority increases
● The number of direct agent calls increases
● The number of RONA calls increases
● The number of abandoned calls decreases
● The number of calls that are queued in this split but answered in another decreases.
Factors that decrease EWT for a split priority level
The most common causes for a decrease in EWT for a split priority level are:
● The number of calls in queue decreases
● Agents log in (and start answering calls)
● Agents return from break or otherwise are no longer in the AUX work mode
● Agents are moved from another split
● Agents with multiple splits answer fewer calls in other splits

This information was gathered by reading other posts, speaking to an Avaya engineer and reading Avaya document 07-600780, Avaya Aura Call Center 5.2 Call Vectoring and Expert Agent Selection (EAs) Reference. In the document there is sample vectors on how to implement EWT.

Sincerely

Keith

keep in mind stats are based on previous measurements, so not 100 percent accurate

And thelast 10 calls answered in the skill have a weight of 90% in the proprietary algorithm

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back