Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[HELP] UM w/ Unity & Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

RX3

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2005
US
Just installed Unity 4.0.5 with licensing for 50 UM Mailboxes. The mail server is running Exchange 2003.

I tried to follow all the instructions, but I think I botched something up.

Unity answers, let's me record a message, tells me it's sent, but the message never reaches the phone or the receipients mailbox.

Can some one point me in the right direction of what's not working right?

Also, I am unable to launch the Exchange System manager from ANY of the Unity accounts (UnityAdmin, UnityInstall, UnityDirSvc, etc...) it complains about MAPI and that there is no rights for SE_CREATE_GLOBAL...

Thanks for your help, you guys are great!

Also, when I try to access the admin page from any other account besides UnityInstall, I get this message in IE:

Code:
Access Denied

Your Windows Domain Account [WTPC\UnityAdmin] is not associated with a Cisco Unity Subscriber.

You cannot access the Cisco Unity System Administration.

No Teaming, Using 1 NIC.
Permission Wizard Ran Error Free
Installation Went Smooth

Error Log Shows This:

-----------------------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: CiscoUnity_UMR
Event Category: UMR Thread Error
Event ID: 113
Date: 1/31/2006
Time: 9:36:47 PM
User: N/A
Computer: UNITY1
Description:
A message with the subject:

Message from 8391

to recipient dharris could not be delivered and was moved to the failed directory. This can occur for several reasons: the recipient mailbox may be disabled or inaccessible, Cisco Unity may be having trouble connecting with the partner server, or the Cisco Unity messaging component may not be properly configured. If this condition persists, contact Cisco TAC. 0x00001274
-----------------------------------------------

No one has any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back