Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!! Trying to get email on Exchange working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhavard

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2005
US
We have 1 exchange 2003 server our email is from an ISP and it has a global mail box. I setup the POP3 connector to go to this ISP and I am not receiving any outside email in my inbox. I can go to the storage on my user and it says I have 2 external emails but I never get them in my inbox in outlook 2003. I have been working to figure out why it won't forward it to my inbox. I have a rule setup and it delivers it to my username in exchange but I can't seem to get it in Outlook. Any help?

do you have OWA setup on the exchange box? If so, do you see the email there? When you go look in system manager, does it show that there are email's in your box?

Yes OWA is enabled but no messages show up there. I can send internal messages to myself and it works but i can't receive any of my external email. I see them in system manager. It says I have 2 external emails. But I can't get them.

Sounds like it's a Exchange routing issue. Sounds like the connector isn't configured properly, can you explain the settings you have on the connector?

I have my POP3 connector pointing to our email provider and it is setup as a global mailbox. I then have routing rules that look at the to: field and send it to the correct user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back