Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help to Store users e-mail on Server Not Local Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

trotter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
CA
I was wondering if anyone knows how to relocate e-mails.
I have an NT Server4with 30 gig of room, users are on Outlook for e-mail, at the moment there email is stored on thier local C drive after reading them.
My dilema is I need to back up all the e-mails in case thier local c drive crashes and the e-mails are gone. Presently are mail Server is off site , so when a user retrieves mail it gets stored locally.
Any ideas... maybe map the.pst files to a network drive......
Thanks.

Do not use personal folders in outlook. Go to the control panel then mail Icon. When it comes up go to the properties of the exchange server (I think its there). Change the delivery from personal folders to the users mailbox which should reside on the exchange server. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

It's not running Exchange.........

From Outlook:

Tools
Services
Click on Personal Folder (if one doesn't exist add one)
Click properties
In the path entry line enter the location of
your .pst file.
ex. \\ServerName\Folder\YourPersonalFolder.pst

Im running Outlook 2000 on users , main e-mail system is off site.
Mailgateway program

Tools - E-Mail Accounts/Services - Select View Or Change... - Next - At the bottom change from personal folder to mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back