Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help to hide the repeating detail sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knzy

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi! There,

I have a subreport returning shared variables in the detail section, so I can't suppress the section. But since there are so many records, the minimized detail sections still occupy a lot of space. Only the report foot needs to be displayed actually. What can I do?

I tried the "underlay following sections" but doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Knzy

In your main report go into the design view. Double click on the subreport. This is where you can suppress sections. I sounds like you want to suppress all the sections except for the report footer.

Good luck!

Hillary

Hi! Hillary,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, I want to suppress all the sections except for the report footer.

According to your instructions, I have suppress all the sections in the subreport. But the deail sections still occupy some very tiny space. And the space used by all the detail sections is critical. It leads to a whole blank page.

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks,
Knzy

If all the subreport sections are suppressed - (there is some discussion that the shared variable section needs to be unsuppressed in the subreport, but as far as I'm concerned you can suppress all the subreport sections) - right click the subreport in the main report, and select Object Size and Position. Change the Height setting to 0.001, and then resize the Detail section as small as it'll go.

Congratulations, you've just created a maintenance nightmare. So, be sure to put in @ReadMe formula in plain view in design which specifies that there's an invisible subreport in your tiniest section. (You can make sure the formula only shows up in design, by giving it a conditional suppression formula of 1 + 1 = 3 or something.)

Naith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back