Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help to config 1751 DSL with PPPOA and LLC (aal5snap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravagerkl

MIS
Nov 17, 2003
MY
Hi there,

I got a problem. I have a 1751 Cisco router with an WIC-ADSL wan card which I want to use to connect to my ISP. I have tried all the configurations that I know off including the samples off Cisco.com Basically I am near the point of giving up. My ISP tech support doesn't provide technical support directly so they are not much help. All I know is that their DSLAM supports this router.

I hope someone can help me with a sample configuration which I can use. I need this urgently. I need to configure the route for PPP over ATM using LLC and CHAP authentication. The ISP has assigned a static IP for the connection.

Based on the configurations I have tried, the router is able to receive incoming ATM packets from the ISP and the 1751 is sending requests to authenticate with the server but it keeps timingout.

Please help me. Thanx for your time.

Ravager

Hi,

I have the same trouble with a 827.
The scenario it's the same, PPPoA, static IP address, LLC, ...
I arrived one step further, it's stillnot working (I can not ping my outside interfaces), but at least the ppp authentication is right and I receive one IP address from my ISP (but not the static, just a dynamic one)
I have not support from my ISP.

These links helped me to go one step ahead:

Regards,

Thanx Balearman for the info. I have already checked that out but unfortunately still no luck. I'm using my dsl router to connect to my ISP and then using the 1751 at the back to do the rest of the functions I need. No other options at this point. I think the problem with my setup is the IOS itself, 12.1(5). What IOS version are you using?

Warm regards.

I think it's ok with my IOS,

12.2(8)T5

Any new idea there?

Regards

My IOS is an Early Deployment Release. There are quite a number of commands which the IOS does not recognize. Alright this might be a bit too much to ask but is it possible if you could give me a copy of the IOS you are using. Cisco TAC has not been much help and I don't want to spend more on another IOS if it ain't going to work.

Please consider my request. Its alright if you can't. Thanx.

Regards

Hi,

I'm sorry, I can not forward you any IOS, but if you have a TAC account with cisco you'll be able to download it, for sure.
Finally my router is uo and running, the failure was in the ISP config, they gave me a new account and I chnged to PAP authentification and it worked,

Regards,

Hi,

Well its no problem. I have only a guest account there. I bought this router through a cisco partner so I don't have a contract with Cisco directly. When I contacted them they wanted me to provide some info which I did not have. I contacted the partner instead and they want me to buy the IOS because our 1 year warranty has expired. We already spent money earlier on buying the current IOS pack. Now they want us to spend more money.

Anyway no worries, I have repaired the Zyxel router and its working like a charm like it always has. No more line drops and other problems. Smooth sailing all the way. Will use the 1751 behind the Zyxel for other services like VPN. Just glad the headache is over.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Thanx for your time Balearman. I appreciate it.

Warm regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back