Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help: TIF file link: same as original size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baguiobum

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
PH
I saved some tif photos from Photoshop and placed them in pm 6.5. Then I linked it (cmyk)...But then I resized the photo. This is supposed to be sent to the press.

My question is: Will my resizing of the photo in pagemaker affect the tif link? (The photos were saved in their original size in photoshop. Then reduced/resized in pagemaker).

Thank you:)

Hi baguiobum,

Resizing your photo's won't affect the quality of your photoshop images if you keep a couple of things in mind.

First. If you enlarge a tiff file in Pagemaker see that the dpi in your tiff files are set to a reasonable amount. Let's say around 300 dpi. If you do this you can enlarge your photo's buy a factor 2. If you enlarge them more than this factor 2 pixelation is possible.

Second. I always try to find a way of having a file that has a mix of reasonable amount of dpi and dimensions of the tiff file. These settings are done in Photoshop.

Downsizing will not affect the quality of your pictures, what can happen is that you have huge files that are only obstructing the rip of your printershop.

Hope this helps
Carlow, previously known as Grillhouse

thanks! carlow:

i really needed that tip. I just wanted to make sure that the tif files stored in pm6.5 will not affect its printing on the heidelberg printer we will use. I linked all the photos in cmyk, so all is good so far.

bigThanX!

bum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back