Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help text when mouse hovers over textbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnAcc

Technical User
Aug 13, 2003
GB
Hi all,

I have several forms with text boxes on them and I want to be able to provide the user with a prompt as the mouse pointer scrolls over the text box. (Similar to the comments in the cell within excel).

I have looked at the events associated with the textbox and mouse down / Up etc aren't what I want.

Any ideas ?

Thanx in advance!

Hi JohnAcc,

Have you tried adding a ControlTipText to the Textboxes - no real formatting available but it will display on mouseover

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Perfect Tony! Sometimes it's just that simple!

Have a star mate!

Can the text be split onto multiple lines ?

At the moment it is just 1 long tip. I would like to have multiple lines.

Any ideas ?

Hi John,

I don't think you can do any kind of formatting with it. Sorry.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Have you tried to insert a vbLfCr inside the ControlTipText ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

It doesn't work. Tony has said that there isn't anyway to format the text.

Thanks anyway,

Rgds, John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back