Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! - Subreport Name shows not Main report value

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckwizard77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have converted some Crystal 8 reports to Crystal 10 reports. These reports have subreports that are displayed when clicking on the main reports value.

Example: if the value 30 is displayed in the details section of the main report and the user clicks on it a subreport for that value will be displayed. In short, the user can not see the subreport until clicking on an item in the details section.

The problem I am having is that this report and subreport both work in the Viewer, but when I go to display it using ASP, and Crystal10Viewer it displays the main report items but the subreports titles are visible over the top.

example: The value is 30 but over the top of the value is the sub report name and it can not be clicked.

I am assuming that I am missing a setting somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by 'both work in the viewer'? are you talking about in crystal reports designer?

Yes I meant in the crystal designer.

i was trying to use the subreport as a blank over the top of the main report. When someone thought they were clicking the main report value they would actually be clicking on the subreport. This is how it was set up in version 8.0.
Now the reports work fine in crystal reports designer (preview) but I can not get them to work this way using ASP and the CrystalReportInteractiveViewer.
I got it to work another way, but I still don't know whay it will not work this way.
Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back