Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help stop automatic read receipts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

I'm using Outlook as my mail client with my Exchange 2k and I can't turn off the automatic sending of read receipts. I've found where read receipts are listed in my Outlook, but it's turned on and grayed out so I can't turn it off.

I found a couple places on the internet that said it was an Exchange 2k/Outlook 2k issue so here I am looking for an answer. Is there a way to change the read receipts check box from "grayed out" to "active" in Outlook 2k? Or is there somewhere in Exchange 2k that will let me enable the check box so I can turn it off???

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

Well, I did a little more research on this, and you're right, that won't stop read receipts...it's not an Exchange function, it's an Outlook function, and when in MAPI, Outlook doesn't give the recipient the capability to not respond!

I did find this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back